Sunday, August 31, 2008

Oh! I made éclairs!!

I did really! This is one thing that I never really thought of making myself, but that I now and then choose when in a café. They're not very common here, but one of my favorite places in Göteborg (Gothenburg) where I used to live usually has them.

The éclairs where this months Daring Baker's challenge. Hosts this month were Meeta K of What's For Lunch Honey and Tony of Olive Juice. They choose to make Chocolate Éclairs from a recipe by Pierre Hermé, recipe can be found, for example on Meeta's blog. Thank you both for an excellent choice, and a great job!

It was great trying my  hand at something I usually
 don't make myself. I haven't played around much with pâte a choux before. That was fun, seemed easy to work. Sadly enough I think I underbaked it a little, which probably was the reason they got a little deflated. The chocolate filling  and chocolate glaze (I followed the recipe to the letter this time) was quite a lot of chocolate for me, even though I was having a bad case of PMS :), so if I do this again I will probably do so
me other filling.
I made a small batch, since I thought they wouldn't keep in the refridgerator. The weird thing is, I actually think I enjoyed them more the next day, cold and all. :) Maybe I'm just weird.

So.. It's late, and I think I'll stop it there. I haven't managed 
to do the photoshop stuff yet, so I'll add the pictures tomorrow.

If anyone was wondering about my absence from here.. I'll be back. It's ju
st that summer is running out (by now, it's actually fall up here), work is starting to be regular again, and D. will be leaving again. August was something we somehow stole for ourselves, though it probably wasn't supposed to be. It's been good. I'm busy savouring our last days together in a while, saving up for the coming months. I'll probably start posting regularly again any time soon.  

Thank's again to this month's host and hostess! Check out all the other éclairs to by going to the Daring Baker's blogroll!

41 comments:

HoneyB said...

I do miss reading your posts! I looked earlier today to see if you had posted. I'm so glad tonight to see that you did and I'll be looking forward to seeing your photos!

Time is precious, spend as much as possible with D! I called my boss tonight and asked for tomorrow off as Grumpy has the day and wanted me to go out boating with him. How could I tell him no!

娃娃 said...

愛,拆開來是心和受兩個字。用心去接受對方的一切,用心去愛對方的所有。..................................................

愛情遊戲 said...

幸福是人人都要,又怎麼可能都歸你所有?要知道這世界幸福本來就不多........................................

曉豪 said...

aio 交友愛情館影片sexy girl6k聊天室尋夢園色情圖貼美女聊天室請認明aooyy com正妹貼圖正妹視訊正妹無名相簿的密碼sexav999免費影片星野亞希充氣娃娃星野亞希個人資料星野亞希t恤星野亞希t星野亞希走光星野亞希資料星野亞希裸照星野亞希寫真集 sneaker lover星野亞希寫真集 完全 copy星野亞希寫真集bt下載視訊 辣妹美女 視訊a片免費試看avdvd視訊甜心寶貝av貼片區視訊交友av168818 成人girl5320微風成人情色 網成人圖片77p2p影片區utobe影片成人文學情色遊戲s18x色片情人視訊聊天非常好色6 0下載正妹日報成人版成人交友獸皇影片分享區avooo影音1111視訊5278論壇5278影片網

童紫勳 said...

Two heads are better than one.......................................................

1202NathanV_Woodell said...

Nice Post~!!!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

淑慧 said...

幫你加油打氣哦!!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

90809eugeniopals said...

a漫a片a圖一夜情一葉情人妻激情情色寫真美女自拍辣妹自拍正妹自拍美女走光辣妹走光正妹走光脫衣秀脫衣走光色情自慰自拍成人全裸打炮打手槍打飛機巨乳巨奶女優大奶性交性愛淫蕩淫慾淫亂淫婦

啟佐 said...

I love readding, and thanks for your artical...................................................

韋于倫成 said...

人類最大的悲劇不是死亡,而是沒有掌握有意義的人生........................................

恆迪恆迪 said...

真正的愛心,是照顧好自己的這顆心。 ..................................................

和辛和辛 said...

your english is incredible............................................................

tgibson said...

.有價值的東西,都要付出代價。-..............................

adkinsra said...

謝謝分享好文章 .........................................

佳梅 said...

要持續更新下去喲!!祝你心情愉快.................................................................

彥霖 said...

要照顧身體歐~保重......................................................................

茹順茹順 said...

所有的資產,在不被諒解時,都成了負債.................................................................                           

asdas said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

彥安彥安 said...

人不能像動物一樣活著,而應該追求知識和美德............................................................

江冠彭珮李佳宏陽筠 said...

君子立恆志,小人恆立志。.................................................................

ju吳phe宇te佳ns said...

Fancy may kill or cure...................................................

MinBar林 said...

你的分享很不錯.. 謝謝 ..................................................................

雅莊王edgd春2蕙婷余惠其 said...

喜歡看大家的文章,每篇都是一個故事,都是一種心情~~祝大家開心愉快............................................................

倫惟倫惟 said...

感謝您寫下您的生活,也是把珍寶來和諸君分享的心意。 ............................................................

怡如怡如 said...

不妄求,則心安;不妄作,則身安!......................................................

冠宏 said...

good, excellent, nice job!!............................................................

陳佑發 said...

鞋匠能作好鞋子,因為他只做鞋,不做別的。..................................................

陳韋夏陳韋夏益東富益東富 said...

GOOD IDEA~thanks............................................................

陳韋夏陳韋夏益東富益東富 said...

看得見您的用心~~希望這裡愈來愈熱鬧哦~~............................................................

劉傑汝劉傑汝 said...

Learning makes life sweet.

承王蓁 said...

Learning makes life sweet.

宛淑芳真 said...

愛,拆開來是心和受兩個字。用心去接受對方的一切,用心去愛對方的所有。......................................................................

佳呈均慧 said...

宇宙萬物中,沒有比人的存在更值得驚訝的!是怎樣的緣份讓我能在分享你的心情~~............................................................

沈貞李添睿儀 said...

缺少智慧,就是缺少一切..................................................

x于珊姚于珊姚于珊 said...

做好事,不需要給人知道,雖然只是一件微不足道的事,但我相信,這會帶給我快樂。..................................................

峻胡邦慧v帆 said...

Joy often comes after sorrow, like morning after night.. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

好的部落格就要和好朋友分享--感謝分享..................................................

彬彬哲宇 said...

真得很不錯的blog,加油哦............................................................

陳昆珍 said...

愛情是盲目的,但婚姻恢復了它的視力。......................................................................

江仁趙雲虹昆 said...

相見亦無事,不來常思君......................................................................

Roberthussy said...

The US Navy will put nearly $10m into development of man-made lightning" blaster weapons.In a release dated yesterday, Arizona-based company Ionatron announced that it had won a contract worth $9,839,094 to develop its Laser Induced Plasma Channel™ (LIPC) technology. The funds were supplied by the Naval Surface Warfare Centre, Crane division. NSW-Crane is well-known as a supplier of gadgets and weapons to the elite, secretive Navy SEALs among others.




SEOServices