Thursday, April 17, 2008

Trying To Find My Mind Again

So, D. left for France little more than a week ago. And here I am, trying to find out how to live on my own again. It's a bit lonely, but I'm getting by. I can't wait until I get to go down south too, to have a look. In the meantime, I try to keep up my interest in cooking. I still need to eat, and I still prefer to eat good. So I try to come up with things that makes me keep cooking interesting stuff. First of all, I'm trying to clean out all weird leftovers in the pantry and fridge. We did clean out the freezer this winter, the last really cold weekend, when we could safely leave everything out on the balcony while defrosting. Now I'll try to get rid of all things that just got forgotten there. I found three kinds of noodles for example. About one million kinds of sauces and stuff. Four kinds of rice (we regularly eat two of them though). So my new rule is that I can only buy stuff that can be used in a dish with something that needs finishing.

My second thought was to try to take photos of my dinners and put here. Not really writing down all the recipes, but putting the picture here, like a dinner dairy. I took a picture tonight, and I'll try to get it up tomorrow. Let's see if I can make a few posts like that.

Anyway, I haven't posted for a long time, so I thought I should. I'll try to be back with something more interesting soon. :)

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Lina, I know lonely and I feel for you! Grumpy worked out of town for 4 months last year. Thankfully he has been home since about August of last year now....but it is no fun when your partner for life is gone for extended periods of time. I'll be watching for your dinner posts :)